Jessica Foote – Realtor & CEO
MBA from Pepperdine and former marketing professional at Hewlett Packard
Mother of 3
“Working with you I realized that the reason I was overeating is I was stifling, I was bored, I wasn’t showing up as my best self…
You’ve caused me to look at wellness in a different way. This is not about points, counting calories and instead helped me figure out what would work for me and establish plans that will work for me.”
My top three goals upon starting the 6-month program were:
- Reduce stress
- Lose weight,
- Establish new habits
My coach was able to help me work toward these goals by:
- Gently, yet confidently asking me questions that made me confront excuses, crazy habits and incorrect beliefs that were holding me back without making me feel shamed or bad about it.
The most significant overall change I have noticed has been:
- Honestly, allowing myself to dream again and living my life to the fullest.
- It was amazing meeting you… because you’re like me… we’re dreamers, drivers, business owners and it’s okay to have that dream and pursue it.
- Working with you I realized that the reason I was overeating is I was stifling, I was bored, I wasn’t showing up as my best self.
- Also, getting rid of my big mac coffees and sugar drinks. I stopped drinking my daily calories in coffee in addition to what I was eating. I was spending hundreds of dollars on Starbucks. Literally, I just kept re-loading a hundred dollars, a hundred dollars over and over again on my account and was going about 10-15x a week. I was spending ab out $7- $8 per drink… and now that I think of the times I would bring my kids and family! That was $150 per week just on coffee that was making me sick.
- And now I’m teaching my family to also not eat all of the sugar and fat laden… pastries and hot chocolate . I was eating that stuff too… and now that I’m aware of what I’m eating, I’m noticing all those empty calories I was eating that were making me sick and making me lose money. It’s just not acceptable anymore.
I would describe my coach as:
- Beautiful inspiring, no nonsense and intuitive.
- I think you are very knowledgeable in your craft and have caused me to look at wellness in a different way. This is not about points, counting calories and instead helped me figure out what would work for me and establish plans that will work for me. I’ve gone to amazing specialists across San Diego County including Scripps but the replacements they gave me just weren’t for me.
- You helped me come up with a holistic plan that includes a focus on habits.
- It was also great to see you and motherhood in action – that’s very important. So it was good to see that you’re living what you preach.
I would recommend my coach to:
- Everyone. Especially anyone who has tried everything and is about to throw their hands up in the air.
- Before you give up call Brenda.
Other comments and feedback:
You could have been harder on me but I know that if you did I would have ran away. You found that fine balance between being tough on me and I never felt like I couldn’t show up as all of me.
Wondering what it's like to work with a Health Coach?
With love, health and happiness,
Brenda V. Sillas, MBA, CHES, INHC