Starting a healthy lifestyle can be scary, confusing, frustrating, exciting and rewarding all at the same time.
But regardless if your goal is to lose weight, have endless energy and/or feel good there are 5 essential lifestyle habits that you need to be adamant about before you can actually reach your goal and most of all – sustain it.
- Stress Management
As a society we can over complicate these five elements by getting bogged down with the details by asking so many questions and making objections before we even take one step forward. Do any of these sound familiar?
- How much should I exercise? How long? What’s the best type of exercise? Should I lift weights, walk, run or bike? What if I don’t have a gym membership?
- Should I follow a paleo diet? What about keto? Is it really better to buy organic? Don’t bananas have a lot of sugar?
- How much sleep should I get each night? I could never get that much sleep, there’s too much to do.
- Not everyone is as stressed as I am so you’ll never understand. I can’t seem to manage my stress. My work is so stressful
- How much water should I drink? Can’t you die if you drink too much water?
While all of the above questions and statements are all valid and the answers will vary depending on the person, context, etc. the best answer will depend on where you are in your current journey. If you’re wondering how much you should exercise, start by assessing how much you currently exercise now on a regular basis – start there.
In the video I go into more detail with each of the habits.
And the reason I focus on habits and lifestyle is because there are way too many diets out there and “get slim quick” gimmicks that you and I both know don’t work. Or wait – correction, they will work until they don’t and then you’re left just searching for the next best thing and being a victim to “shiny object syndrome” for the rest of your life. You know what I’m talking about, right? I don’t want that for you. I want you to hear the truth from the start so that you’ll never need to spend your money on things that aren’t going to work long term.
Listen to the video on your drive to work, or better yet, on a mid day walk. In the video I discuss how incorporating these tiny baby steps will help you lose the weight, have energy and feel good when you practice them on a daily basis and make it part of your lifestyle.
Once you watch the video, send me a message and let me know which one you struggle the most with.
With love, health and happiness,
Brenda V. Sillas, MBA, CHES, INHC